Small businesses comprise what share of the U.S. economy?
Small businesses make up:
- 99.7 percent of U.S. employer firms,
- 64 percent of net new privatesector jobs,
- 49.2 percent of private-sector employment,
- 42.9 percent of private-sector payroll,
- 46 percent of private-sector output,
- 43 percent of hightech employment,
- 98 percent of firms exporting goods, and
- 33 percent of exporting value.
Source: U.S. Census Bureau, SUSB, CPS; International Trade Administration; Bureau of Labor Statistics, BED; Advocacyfunded research,
Small Business GDP: Update 20022010.